Student Storage Services
If you are going away for the summer break and need somewhere to store you belongings then look no further. From as little as £1.50 per week we will store your belongings for you, saving a fortune on self-storage facilities.
FREE BOXES, TAPE, MARKER PEN, BUBBLE WRAP, and COLLECTION all free
I truly believe that I offer excellent value for money. Your belongings will be collected and stored for as long as you require. All boxes and packaging material is provided free. You pay only for the number of weeks that you use the storage. They will be kept in a secure, dry, smoke-free environment. When you require your belongings we will deliver them for you where and when you need them.
There is a charge for delivery of £ 5 per box or item to Durham.
Boxes and luggage can be delivered to other universities around the country, using the Royal Mail courier service
Below is an approx. price guide, but feel free to contact me to discuss your needs or view our Storage Frequently Asked Questions page.
1 box for 1 week or part week £1.50
1 guitar for 1 week or part week £2.50
1 cycle for 1 week or part week £3
Other items please ask for price
If you supply your own boxes for storage and they are extra large an additional charge may be charged, please ask.
Delivery to Durham £5 per box
4 or less boxes £7
Terms and Conditions
Please note that although the terms and conditions below seem strict, 99% of our customers do not fall foul of our rules – and we are reasonable when it comes to resolving an issue. If you have a problem -contact us first and we will try to sort the situation.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION TERMS
If you are in a halls of residence, then we will collect and deliver to the front door or lobby area of the hall in question, and we will call you to let you know when we arrive.
If you live in a private residence, we collect and deliver to the main front door of your house, and if this is in a block of flats or a tenement, then we may only deliver/collect to the main front door or reception.
Essentially, we will deliver/collect to the same place that you would expect a postman to deliver to.
On delivery after the storage period, it is the responsibility of the customer to check the contents of the box for any form of damage immediately after receiving the box from Student Storage Solutions team.
We cannot accept any responsibility for damage that is reported after Student Storage Solutions delivery team has left the address.
NON COLLECTION OF ITEMS
If a customer should not collect their goods back during the 60 days after the delivery dates have ended, and after all efforts have been made by Student Storage Solutions staff to contact the customer by mail, e-mail and telephone, the goods will be given to a charity shop.
On final delivery of the items to be stored, full payment is required. This must be made in the form of cash(sterling only)
ITEMS STUDENT STORAGE CANNOT STORE
We regret that for safety reasons, we are unable to store any of the following items:
- Gas cylinders. Deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable, and poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders. Includes butane gas (e.g. for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef’s blow torches
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter or heater fuels, paint, and matches
- Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic, and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidising materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches and fibreglass repair kits.
- Firearms and explosives. Handguns, automatic weapons, munitions, ammunitions including blank cartridges, pistol caps, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, and crackers.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis, and wet-cell batteries.
- Animals, alive or dead.
- Any form of liquid, or containers with liquid(s) inside, unless they are completely wrapped and sealed in non-porous plastic, and have been checked by a member of Student Storage Solution team. This includes printer cartridges.
NON RESPONSIBILTY OF ITEMS
We are prepared to store, but cannot accept responsibility for the following items:
- Electronic equipment not in its original packaging or other professional packaging. This applies to computers, monitors, stereo equipment, televisions, and ALL other electronic equipment.
- Jewellery, coins, and collectables.
- Damage to electronic equipment if there is no evidence of physical damage to the packaging container.
- Items of sentimental or intangible value.
- Extremely fragile items (e.g. mirrors, picture frames, crockery).
- Unpacked items, including furniture that is not wrapped and protected.
A member of Student Storage Solutions collection team will advise customers if there is likely to be a problem with what they are storing at the time of collection. Items can be refused to be collected by Student Storage Solutions collection team, and it is at their personal discretion whether to accept an item or not for storage.